- "In here, we pour whiskey!"
- " The barkeep plunked the glass on the table and poured Marty a drink. A bit of the whiskey splashed on the top of the bar. The spot where it hit the wood started to smoke. / Marty stared at the smoking bar top. 'Actually,' he confessed, 'I'm just looking for the blacksmith.' "
- —From Back to the Future Part III by Craig Shaw Gardner (quote, page 66)
Whiskey was an alcoholic beverage sold in the Palace Saloon in 1885. Their most powerful whiskey was 180 proof, which Emmett Brown and Marty McFly attempted to use as gasoline in order to start up and run the DeLorean time machine, but instead it blew out the fuel injection manifold.
Buford Tannen spent five dollars on some "Kentucky red-eye" whiskey which he broke when his horse threw a shoe, as a result of which he shot the horse and had to steal another.
Doc Brown tried some whiskey on July 4, 1885 and quickly passed out. On the morning of September 7, he repeated the process after losing Clara Clayton and passed out before Marty's duel with Buford. Chester and Joey made up a concoction known as "wake-up juice" which was poured into Doc's mouth. Doc's reflexes sent him screaming and dunking his head into the horse trough outside. Only after several more minutes did Doc recover from the whiskey.Sometime in 1931, El Kid was stocked with many alcoholic beverages including McDermott's Canadian Whiskey. While there during June 13 of that year, Marty hit Matches over the head with a bottle of Whiskey.
Whiskey was also present at the Enchantment Under the Sea dance at Hill Valley High School in 1955. On his mission to recover the Grays Sports Almanac from Biff Tannen, Marty observed through binoculars a member of Biff's gang, namely 3-D, pouring some Kentucky whiskey into the punch; ironically, the brand was "Early Times". At one point, Marty also discovered that principal Stanford S. Strickland kept a bottle of whiskey in a desk drawer in his office.
Behind the scenes
- In British English, 'whiskey' is spelled 'whisky'.
- Back to the Future Part II
- Back to the Future Part III
- Back to the Future: The Game