- "Pull out your pants pockets. All kids in the future wear their pants inside-out."
- —Doc tells Marty how to be fashionable in 2015
Marty had to dress quickly in the clothes that Emmett gave him in order to pass for his son Martin McFly, Jr. — namely, a color-shifting lenticular baseball cap and an auto-adjusting and auto-drying jacket, along with power-lacing shoes. However, Marty didn't have time to reverse the pants he was wearing, so he simply turned his pockets inside-out and put something in them.
Behind the scenes
- As can be seen in the film, Marty Jr. literally did wear his blue jeans completely inside out, as opposed to Marty, who merely pulled his front pockets out. Most of the "kids in the future" wore pants that were made of fabrics that were lighter than denim, and thus easier to wear .
- This fashion statement has yet to catch on.
- May 2015: Jeans manufacturer launches kickstarter campaign for a product called "Outties" claiming to be the inside out jeans from Back to the Future Part II. www.outti.es