Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Stage 12 at Universal Studios Hollywood in Burbank, California is the largest of Universal's indoor film stages, and at 29,500 ft2 it is believed to be the third largest soundstage in the world.  It provided controlled filming conditions for the indoor sets and simulated outdoor scenes of many films since it was built in 1929.
During the late 1980s and early 1990s, it was known as the "Back to the Future Stage" because the sets for the trilogy took up much of the building, and it was the most famous film of the decade that used the building.
The following sets were constructed inside Stage 12: 
- Doc's garage in 1985, interior (had four removable walls)
- Classroom that Marty served detention in (built but not used)
- Outside the front of Doc's garage in 1955
- Inside Doc's Packard at the high school dance: only the scene where Lorraine kisses Marty
- Roof of Biff's Casino & Hotel
- Entrance to Lyon Estates in 1955 (BTTF II)
- Delgado Mine shaft, interior
- Some shots in the bear cave
These sets were constructed on an indoor soundstage at Universal, although it was not stated for certain that it was Stage 12: 
- McFly residence (1985): front porch, living room, kitchen, Marty's bedroom
- Lorraine's bedroom
- George's bedroom
- Ledge of the clock tower
- Inside the flying DeLorean
- McFly residence (2015), living room with staircase, closet, kitchen, den
- Doc's garage, interior (BTTF II)
- Penthouse on the 27th floor of Biff's Hotel in 1985A, interior (their largest set, two stories high): Living room, bar and jacuzzi room, office with safe
- Inside Biff's garage in 1955
- High school parking lot scene Marty walks past Doc's Packard with himself and Lorraine inside in 1955
- Johnny B. Goode scenes of the Enchantment Under the Sea dance (since the gymnasium stage didn’t have a catwalk)
- Outside the exit doors of gymnasium, where Marty hits himself with the door
- Some scenes when Marty reaches for the book on the windshield of Biff’s car
- Doc's den, interior (BTTF III)
- Doc's garage, interior (BTTF III)
- McFly farmhouse: bedroom, dining room