Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Behind the scenes
- In an early draft of Back to the Future Part II, Toby in 1967 was depicted as a young man about to turn 18 and looking forward to participating in the Vietnam War. At that time, Toby's mother wanted him to go to college, but his father dismissed the idea on account of Toby's low grades.
- The name "Toby" had previously been used by Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale in their 1980 comedy, Used Cars — for a talented dog owned by Kurt Russell's character, Rudy Russo.
- As with Joey Baines, the actor who portrayed Toby Baines was not given any on-screen credit. Probably five or six at the time of filming, he would be approaching age 30 in 2008. He had no lines, and appears to be watching Lea Thompson and Michael J. Fox throughout the dinner scene.
- ↑ Early script of Back to the Future Part II. SALLY is 19, TOBY is 17, and ELLEN is 11.
- ↑ Early script of Back to the Future Part II Lorraine: What if Toby has to go there? Toby: I'd kick some commie butt.
- ↑ Early script of Back to the Future Part II Stella: You're going to college. Sam: With his grades?