- "Tom, how am I going to generate that kind of power? It can't be done, it can't!"
- —Emmett Brown
Edison developed the first working incandescent light bulb and electrified many portions of the United States.Emmett Brown had a portrait of Thomas Edison in his garage.
When trying to persuade a heartbroken Emmett Brown to continue his path on science, Marty brings up Thomas Edison and the light bulb as an example of an invention that has made a positive difference.
Shortly after, Marty claimed that he didn't have the guts to follow his dreams, and dismissed his aspirations as daydreams. Emmett responded by pointing out that Thomas Edison, Albert Einstein and Dr. Frankenstein all had daydreams, and went on to make great accomplishments.
Behind the scenes
- Doc's portraits are of Isaac Newton, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Edison and Albert Einstein, each of whom can be said to contribute to his development of the DeLorean time machine in the form of physics, conservation of charge, electrical invention and the space-time continuum.
- Back to the Future
- Back to the Future Part III
- Back to the Future: The Ride
- Back to the Future: The Animated Series
- "Gone Fishin'"
- "Put on Your Thinking Caps, Kids! It's Time for Mr. Wisdom!" (Mentioned only)
- Back to the Future: The Game
- Back to the Future: The Game - Episode 4: Double Visions (Mentioned only)
- ↑ http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/e/thomas_a_edison/index.html
- ↑ When Emmett is asking Marty to name an invention that's improved mankind, choose light bulb in Back to the Future: The Game - Episode 4: Double Visions.