- "What's wrong, McFly? You got no scrote?"
Leslie O'Malley, also known as "Spike", was a member of Griff's gang, and was the first female member of any Tannen gang in known Hill Valley history. However, she was shown to be just as brutal and vicious as her male counterparts. She was apparently arrested after the gang crashed into the courthouse mall.
Behind the scenes
- Thomas F. Wilson notes that Griff Tannen may have let her in because "she looked hot".
- As with Rafe "Data" Unger and Chester "Whitey" Nogura, Griff's other accomplices, Spike was not mentioned by name in the movie, but referred to in the credits. Like Data and Whitey, she was identified as Leslie O'Malley in the USA Today story that appeared after the headline was changed from "Youth Jailed" to "Gang Jailed".
- Spike was portrayed by actress Darlene Vogel, who also appeared as the receptionist of the Institute of Future Technology in the film accompanying the Universal Studios theme park adventure, Back to the Future: The Ride.
- Stunt performer Cheryl Wheeler doubled for Darlene Vogel in the scene where the gang chases Marty on hoverboards, and was hospitalized when a stunt went wrong. The footage of the mishap remained in the finished film; Spike can be seen hitting one of the pillars of the Courthouse Mall as the gang members crash through the front window. Luckily, Wheeler (who has been a three-time world champion as a kickboxer) recovered and continued film work until 2003.
- ↑ OfficialMovieGuide