- " Miss Clayton nodded her head. 'Why, that's very gentlemanly of you, Mr. Brown — Emmett.' She paused, and, when she spoke again, there was a certain wistfulness in her voice. 'You know, I'm almost glad that rattlesnake spooked the horses. Otherwise, we might never have met. I suppose it was—' it was her turn to pause '—destiny.' "
- —From Back to the Future Part III by Craig Shaw Gardner (quote, page 101)
A snake was a long thin scaly reptile without legs, which slithered along the ground, and had a bite that was often poisonous.
In 1885, when Clara Clayton was rescued by Emmett Brown on his horse Archimedes from falling into Shonash Ravine in her rented wagon buckboard, she mentioned to him at the schoolteacher's house afterwards that the horses pulling the buckboard had been spooked by a rattlesnake.
- Back to the Future Part III (Mentioned only)
- Back to the Future novelization (Mentioned only)
- Back to the Future (Harvey Comics)