The following events occurred on September 6.
- Marty McFly tests himself in the mirror for the duel with Buford Tannen.
- Marty finds Doc Brown walking outside with a flower in his jacket.
- Marty is sized for his coffin.
- Doc decides to take Clara to the future.
- Doc and Marty release the DeLorean time machine onto the tracks of Carson Spur in preparation for their return to the future the following day.
- Doc sees Clara Clayton and tells her the truth, that he is from the future.
- Doc goes to the Palace Saloon to lament his loss.
- Marty sleeps out by the DeLorean.
Behind the scenes
- 1986, Saturday: George Gipe, author of the Back to the Future novelization, is stung by a bee and dies of a heart attack due to a severe allergic reaction.