September 2 is the 245th day of the year.
- 1752, Day Unknown: Verne Brown believing himself to be adopted and Benjamin Franklin to be his real father arrives in Philadelphia, then Colony of Pennsylvania, on this date and prevents the experiment which caused Franklin to discover electricity. Doc, Marty and Einstein arrive after and manage to convince Verne to come home. as well as setting up lightning so that Franklin can make his discovery of electricity.
Note: September 2, 1752 was the last day of Julian calendar in Great Britain (including Pennsylvania) prior to the adoption of Gregorian calendar, which meant that the day was followed by September 14, 1752.
- 1885, Wednesday:
- Marty McFly arrives in the DeLorean time machine in the desert.
- He is chased by Pohatchee, who are being chased by U.S. Cavalry.
- Marty rips the fuel line on the DeLorean and parks it in a bear cave.
- Marty is chased out by a bear and stumbles over a hill, landing against a fence on the McFly Farm.
- Marty wakes up later that night to his ancestors Seamus, Maggie, and William.
- Marty, under the guise of "Clint Eastwood" eats with the McFlys.
- 1897, Day Unknown: With his ancestor leaving town, Marty filled in again and did well until Doc's baseball glasses and bodysuit were broken. It seemed that the team would lose until Pee Wee McFly returned to play, allowing for victory. Diamond Jim Tannen was arrested after.