A photograph was a picture made by the chemical action of light on sensitive film, created using a camera and printed on photographic paper.
Notable photographs were:
- the McFly family photograph, a copy of which Marty McFly carried in his wallet and a larger version of which hung above his bed at home.
- Marty and Jennifer's photograph of their wedding at the Chapel O' Love, which was displayed in their home in 2015.
- the black and white photograph of Doc's tombstone taken by Marty during his and Emmett Brown's excavation of the DeLorean time machine from the Delgado Mine in 1955, and which he took with him to 1885.
- Doc's clock photograph in sepia, taken in 1885 and featuring the clock that would later be installed in the clock tower of the Hill Valley Courthouse, which would turn up in the City Archives in 1955 and be taken by Marty to 1885.
- Doc and Marty's clock photograph in sepia, taken in 1885 featuring both Doc and Marty, a framed copy of which was later given to Marty by Doc.
Other photographs included:
- A head-and-shoulders photograph of Marty appeared on his driver's license.
- Marty carried a photograph of Jennifer in his wallet, which he showed Doc in 1955. “Say, she's not bad,” Doc commented on seeing the picture.
- A black and white head-and-shoulders photograph of George McFly appeared on the back cover of his first novel, A Match Made in Space.
- A black and white photograph of Buford Tannen in front of the Second Street Gunsmith Shop.
- A photo of George McFly that Marty carried with him since 1986.
- One of many suggestive pictures that Trixie Trotter had taken of her. Marty got a copy from Cue Ball (who had plenty of them) gave it to Edna Strickland to get her fired from her job at the Hill Valley Science Exposition, though her firing was due to the photo revealing her to be Canadian, rather than the sensual display.
- A photograph of a Confederate regiment that was destined to be slaughtered on February 12, 1864. In later iterations of the timeline, it included Verne Brown.
Behind the scenes
- Dean Cundey, the director of photography on all the installments of the Back to the Future trilogy, made a cameo appearance in Back to the Future Part III as the photographer at the Hill Valley Festival in 1885.
- Back to the Future
- Back to the Future Part II
- Back to the Future Part III
- Back to the Future Part II & III (Item)
- Back to the Future: The Game
- Back to the Future: The Animated Series