Pepsi Perfect was a vitamin-enriched variety of Pepsi cola that was sold at the Cafe 80's in 2015. It was sold in bottles that had a lid with a built-in straw. However, when Marty McFly had first seen the soft drinks container, he was perplexed as to how exactly he was supposed to open it.
- Ironically, while Pepsi has yet to produce a vitamin-enriched variety of their soda, their rival Coca Cola has already done so, which is known as Diet Coca Cola Plus.
- A possible leaked diagram of a Pepsi Perfect bottle was sent to Futurepedia and posted on September 23, 2015.
- On October 5, 2015, Pepsi announced that they would be releasing a limited quantity of Pepsi Perfect bottles, some of which were given out to lucky attendees of New York Comic Con dressed as Marty McFly, while other attendees were able to win one by playing Wild Gunman. Fans located in the U.S. were also told they would be able to buy 1 of 6,500 bottles presented in a special collectible case from Amazon.com on October 21, 2015 for $20.15. The limited edition bottles weren’t exactly the same as the ones in the movie, however, since the bottle shape and logo had been tweaked, the lid was screw-on, and they contained 16.9 ounces of Pepsi made with real sugar rather than a new Pepsi Perfect recipe. A video commercial released by Pepsi and Universal Pictures Home Entertainment to coincide with the announcement and promote the 30th anniversary release of the trilogy featured the bottles and other Back to the Future Part II merchandise.
Notes and references
- ↑ Great Scott They Did It - Pepsi Perfect Is Here! (PR Newswire)
- ↑ The Future is Now | Back to the Future Part II | Pepsi Perfect (YouTube.com)