October 12 is the 285th day of the year.
- 1931, Monday
- 10:30 a.m.: Marty McFly and Citizen Brown ended up at this date, due to a malfunction in the time circuits instead of the intended date August 26.
- 10:40 a.m.: The Hill Valley Science Expo was in preparations.
- 1:00 p.m.: Edna showed a photo to Arthur McFly proving that Trixie Trotter wasn't a US citizen and got her fired from her job as host of the Science Expo.
- Despite some setback, Marty managed to break up Edna Strickland and a young Emmett Brown, as well as getting the latter to follow his true interest in science.
- Unspecified: Arthur got hitched to Trixie (real name Sylvia Miskin) so that she can pass as a US citizen.
- Citizen Brown picked up a heartbroken Edna and proposed a plan to get her and Emmett back together.
- 1985, Saturday: Libyan terrorists stole plutonium from the local power plant so Doc Brown could build a nuclear weapon for them. A television news report two weeks later reported the loss was attributed to a clerical error.
Behind the scenes
- 1984, Friday: The fourth draft screenplay of Back to the Future was finalized by Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale.
- 1991, Saturday: "Go Fly a Kite" first aired.
- 2016, Wednesday: IDW released the dice game Back to the Future: OUTATIME.
- Back to the Future (implied)
- Back to the Future: The Game
- Back to the Future: The Game - Episode 2: Get Tannen! (Date mentioned on the Science Exposition banner in the Courthouse Square.)
- Back to the Future: The Game - Episode 4: Double Visions