A movie theater is a venue, usually a building, where movies are shown on a large screen.
On the evening of August 25, 1931, Arthur McFly went to the Town Theater to watch a showing of Frankenstein. A young Emmett Brown later went to the theater to watch the same film, which further inspired him in his career in science.
In an alternate timeline where Emmett Brown married Edna Strickland, Edna and Emmett watched The Virtuous Husband at the Town Theater instead of Frankenstein. On October 12, 1931, Frankenstein was still playing at the Town Theater. Citizen Brown, Emmett Brown's counterpart from the alternate timeline, watched the film three times that day.
On November 6, 1960, in the timeline where an elderly Biff Tannen used the DeLorean time machine to make his younger self a millionaire, Tannen Pictures premiered the film Dreams of a Madman at a movie theater in Hollywood, California.
In 1971, in the alternate timeline where Emmett and Edna Brown controlled Hill Valley, Edna ordered that the Town Theater be torn down as she felt movies corrupted the younger generation.
By 1985, the Town Theater had become the gathering place for the Assembly of Christ church, while the Essex Theater had become an X-rated movie house. During this period, movies were shown at the Hill Valley Theatre.
- Back to the Future
- Back to the Future Part II
- Back to the Future Part III
- Back to the Future Part II & III
- Back to the Future: The Animated Series
- Back to the Future: The Card Game (Background of Time Car v2)
- Back to the Future: The Game
- Back to the Future (IDW Publishing)
- Back to the Future: Untold Tales and Alternate Timelines
- Back to the Future: Continuum Conundrum
- Back to the Future: Biff to the Future