The McFly residence is a one story house in Lyon Estates where the McFly family lived in 1985. Its address was 9303 Lyon Drive, Lyon Estates, Hill Valley CA 95420. George McFly, his wife Lorraine, and their three children Marty, Dave, and Linda all lived there. It is unknown when the children moved out, or if even the parents stayed living in the house by 2015. It was close to two electrical towers.
Biff Tannen was a frequent visitor to the house to pick up George's work for him in one timeline, or to wax his car in another timeline. It is unclear how close he may have lived to them in either timeline.
Once Marty changed the past to reflect the events of the present, he woke up to a much improved living environment, changing from a dingy antiquated setting to a clean and modern home. There were no longer garbage cans along the driveway and the general appearance of the exterior of the house was of high value. Furthermore, the vehicles outside the house had changed from a wrecked car on a tow truck to a BMW 733i in the driveway and a Toyota 4X4 in the garage.
While in 1955, Marty saw the design of his house on the billboard for Lyon Estates.
In the 1986A timeline, the house was the same except for a bug zapper.
In the 1986B timeline, the house still had a bug zapper, as well as having some dustmites as of May 15. Until the house was deemed clean, the McFly family had to stay outside the house, though George was still permitted to do his work in the garage.
Behind the scenes
- In reality, the address still remains 9303 but on Roslyndale Avenue in Arleta (Pacoima), California.
- The placement of the electrical towers in the background foreshadow the importance of electricity in the movie in the form of lightning.
- In the Back to the Future novelization, the house is already constructed in 1955, and Marty parks the DeLorean time machine in the garage.
- Back to the Future
- Back to the Future Part II
- Back to the Future Part III
- Back to the Future: The Animated Series
- Back to the Future: The Game