- " Now, as they [Biff and his gang in Biff's car, with Marty holding onto the front end] were about to pass a large manure truck in the same traffic lane, new devilment was added. Match had picked up a beer bottle and was about to throw it at Marty's head. / "Got to get outa here!" he cried. / With that, he leaped up, sending the skateboard forward, under the car, and landed on Biff's hood. With no loss of motion, he bounded over the heads of the four open-mouthed boys, onto the rear deck and off the car, just in time to catch the skateboard as it passed underneath. / "Holy—" Biff wheezed. / So stunned were the four pursuers that all turned in their seats to look at Marty. / A split second later, they felt a crash and were hurled upward as the car roared into the back of the manure truck. Hanging in the air a moment, the convertible tilted forward, pitching Biff and his cohorts into the icky brown mass. "
- —From Back to the Future by George Gipe (quote, pages 179 and 180)
- "Manure! I HATE Manure!"
- —Biff Tannen
Whether the Tannen family ended up developing a mortal fear of manure as a result of all their encounters with it remains unrecorded.
Behind the scenes
- According to The Making of Back to the Future Part III, the manure consisted mainly of horse feed pellets, noting that the pellets going in and out of the horse look pretty much the same.
- Back to the Future was not the first film in which the hero's nemesis was forced to crash into the rear of a manure truck causing their convertible to fill with manure. In the 1978 film Harper Valley P.T.A., as well as the first episode of the spin-off television series, the same fate was inflicted on the head of the P.T.A., Flora Simpson Reilly (played by Anne Francine).
- Back to the Future trilogy
- Super Back to the Future Part II
- Back to the Future: The Animated Series
- Back to the Future: The Card Game (Mentioned only)
- Back to the Future: The Game