This page is for references to the Back to the Future trilogy from material that doesn't fit in a specific category.
- "The Flux Capacitor" is the name given to the finishing move of the pro-wrestler.
Ronald Reagan's 1986 State of the Union address
- Ronald Reagan referenced the film in his 1986 State of the Union address, stating "As they said in the film Back to the Future, 'Where we're going, we don't need roads'".
Star Wars (fiction)
- One part of a hyperdrive is called a flux capacitor connector, while another piece of technology is called a influx capacitor, two obvious references to another science-fiction franchise.
- At the Candidate School at Pensacola, Florida, the final course before graduation was engineering. One of the intentionally wrong answers on a multiple choice question on the test was "flux capacitor".
- Flux Capacitor is a fully improvised comedy show at the theatre in New York City that explores the same window of time from many different angles. 
- During Apple's WWDC '15 keynote, they introduced a new feature to the Apple Watch called "time travel". Onscreen, it says "*Flux Capacitor sold separately".