Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Hey! Did you just take his wallet!? He just took that guy's wallet!"
- " 'That kid took something off you while you were laying there,' Lester exclaimed, almost clapping his hands that he might actually be right for a change. 'I knew it was your wallet!' / Biff scowled at Lester. / 'What kid?' Biff demanded. 'Who?' / 'A little guy in a leather jacket,' Lester replied. 'I don't know his name.' He backed up a little, despite himself. Biff wouldn't hurt him, would he? Lester was helping him! / 'Where did he go?' Biff asked darkly. / Oh, good. Biff wasn't going to beat up Lester. He was going to beat up the other guy. He pointed at the back door of the gym. 'That way.' / Biff pushed Lester out of the way, and lumbered toward the gym. Lester grinned. He had done a good thing. Now maybe Biff and his boys wouldn't beat him up again for two weeks, maybe three! / Biff growled as he flung the fire door aside. Boy, Lester thought, he he wouldn't want Biff beating him up when he was angry. / This could get really serious! "
- —From Back to the Future Part II by Craig Shaw Gardner (quote, pages 187 and 188)
Lester was a student at Hill Valley High School. On the night of November 12, 1955, he was one of several students who came to the aid of Biff Tannen who was punched out by George McFly. When Marty McFly intervened, Lester thought he had taken Biff's wallet, which was in fact the Grays Sports Almanac.
Lester was quite adamant about helping Biff, if only it would prevent Biff from beating him up, at least that week.
Behind the scenes
- The character was not referred to by name in Part II. In the closing credits, the character was identified as "CPR Kid".
- In the novelization, he is identified as "Lester".
- In Part II, he was portrayed by actor Wesley Mann, who was 30 when the film was released.
- In Back to the Future, the character was portrayed by an uncredited actor who could be seen running up to see what had happened after Biff had been knocked out. As in Part II, "Lester" is wearing a brown suit, and has kneeled down to get a closer look at Biff.
- Lester asks the question "What's CPR?" in "Timeline 6". In "Timeline 2", Lester does not hear Marty say "I know CPR." In the original Timeline, Lester simply attends the dance.
- His confusion is understandable: although various methods of artificial respiration have been known for centuries, modern CPR wasn't promoted as a technique to the public until approximately the 1970s.