- "This time it's REALLY REALLY personal."
- —Jaws 19 tagline
Jaws 19 was a holofilm playing at the Holomax Theater in Hill Valley in October 2015, and was directed by Max Spielberg. Apparently critics thought it "lacked the bite" of its eighteen predecessors, and rated it low.
On passing the Holomax Theater on arriving in 2015, Marty McFly was 'swallowed' by a gigantic holographic image of the title character created by the building's exterior. Despite this, he still thought the shark looked fake! In all likelihood, his remark was unfair. The shark used in the advertisment hologram seems to have a deliberately cartoonish design, not at all approaching the appearance of an actual living animal. The hologram was obviously intended for tasteful marketing purposes and was not an accurate representation of the shark seen in the movie itself (such a cartoon-like beast would offer no suspense whatsoever).
From the movie poster, it can be gathered that Jaws 19 is at least partially set in some kind of underwater city — including an underwater Hilton, which can be seen directly above Max Spielberg's surname. Whether this is science-fiction, or such underwater cities exist for real in the future world of 2015, cannot be determined.
- Bearing in mind that Jaws 5 through 18 have not been produced, it does not appear that there will be a Jaws 19 any time soon.
- Max Spielberg acted as assistant to his mother, Amy Irving, on The Rage: Carrie 2 in 1999, but has yet to follow in his father's footsteps as a director.
Behind the scenes
- Max Spielberg is Steven Spielberg's son in real life.
- The tagline of Jaws 19 is "This time it's really really personal". The tagline to Jaws: The Revenge is "This time it's personal".