- " The boss stared at Marty for a moment; the large man was seething silently. Maybe it was the formal dress kimono that his boss liked to wear in the evenings, but whenever Fujitsu got like this, he always reminded Marty of a meditating Samurai warrior just before he went on a killing rampage. / Marty realized his throat had gone dry all over again. / 'McFly!' Fujitsu said slowly and all-too-clearly. 'I was monitoring that scan you interfaced. You're terminated! / No! His boss couldn't mean that! / 'Terminated?' Marty protested. 'But sir! It wasn't my idea! Needles was behind it!' Surely his boss could see the truth in that. / 'And you cooperated,' Fujitsu continued, unswayed by Marty's argument. 'It was illegal, and you knew it.' The boss's voice was growing quieter. It was always worse when an angry Fujitsu got quiet. Marty could almost feel that samurai sword slicing through his future. / 'You're fired, McFly,' Fujitsu concluded calmly. 'Goodbye.' / 'But sir —' Marty began rapidly. It wasn't his fault. There had to be some way to get the boss to see that. Needles had called Marty chicken! / Nobody called Marty chicken! / 'McFly!' Fujitsu cut him off abruptly. 'Read my fax!' "
- —From Back to the Future Part II by Craig Shaw Gardner (quote, page 88 and 89)
- "McFly! I was monitoring that scan you just interfaced. You are terminated!"
- —Mr. Fujitsu
On the evening of October 21, 2015, Fujitsu monitored a scan sent from Marty to Needles and discovered an illegal transaction. He immediately sent a video telephone call to Marty at his home, announcing that Marty was "terminated", and sent a fax reading "YOU'RE FIRED!!!" to all the fax machines there. Whether Needles himself faced any consequences is unknown; however, he seemed to be smirking as he hung up, so many think that he set Marty up.
However, since Fujitsu had monitored the video call between Marty and Needles, as well as suddenly appearing on the screen without Marty having answered the video telephone a second time (which makes one wonder if Fujitsu had somehow hacked the AT&T video software for the purpose of spying on his employees), he would have known who dared Marty into joining the black market deal. (timeline in which Marty has 1985 car accident)
According to Fujitsu's datafile, as displayed at the bottom of the video screen, he had no children; his food preferences were Japanese and Thai; and he disliked beer, Mexican, and Cajun food.
Surprisingly, he was quite younger than Marty as when Marty was a junior in high school, Fujitsu was still in the 6th grade. It is currently unknown how he became Marty's boss.
Behind the scenes
- Fujitsu is the name of a Japanese electronics manufacturer, formerly Fuji Tsushinki. Like "Nabisco" or "Texaco", the corporate name is not used as a surname.
- "The Jits" was portrayed by character actor James Ishida, who, like his character, Fujitsu, is of Japanese descent.
- James Ishida was 46 at the time of the time of the filming of BTTF II in 1989, having been born in 1943. Fujitsu, the character he was portraying, was supposedly born in 1973, which would have made him 42 in 2015, which was the time in the future in which the young Marty from 1985 and Emmett Brown traveled to in the time machine; which would have made Ishida four years older than the character he was portraying.
- ↑ Video Calling - Back to the Predictions (see 'External links' below)