Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In the timeline that was created after Marty McFly burned the Grays Sports Almanac in 1955, the internet was used to deliver digital versions of newspapers. Emmett Brown had a transparent tablet computer that he used to view the digital version of the Hill Valley Telegraph.
Teenagers enjoyed posting selfies on social networks.
One popular social network was ThingMeme by GriffTech. The service, which allowed inanimate objects to post selfies, was started on June 13, 2032. On October 21, 2045, Griff Tannen uploaded a virus to ThingMeme that displayed the word butthead on all devices around the world. The virus short circuited the Mr. Fusion network and led to explosions in the tiny nuclear reactors in all one hundred million of the units. After Doc rewrote that timeline by preventing the invention of the Mr. Fusion, the internet was shown to still exist, but it is unclear whether GriffTech and ThingMeme existed in the new timeline.
Behind the scenes
- The internet, the tablet computer, selfies, and social networks were a major part of the story of Doc Brown Saves the World, which brought 2015 more in line with how it actually exists in the real world.
- The fourth issue of Back to the Future: Untold Tales and Alternate Timelines told the story of when Doc Brown first visited 2015, before he came back to pick up Marty and Jennifer. Like Doc Brown Saves the World before it, it brings in modern technology that actually exists into 2015. However, unlike the previous story, this story takes place before the events of Back to the Future Part II. Doc Brown accessed Wikipedia on the internet at the library, which seemed to be the only way to access the internet in that timeline.
- The internet does exist, although it's not possible to use it to take control all of the world's devices.
- Doc Brown Saves the World
- Back to the Future: Untold Tales and Alternate Timelines 4