- Edna: "What message would you give to the criminal element of Hill Valley?"
- Marty: "Go ahead, make my day."
- Edna: "Make your day what?"
- — Marty McFly, quoting Harry Calahan to Edna Strickland
In 1885, before his gunfight with Buford Tannen, Marty McFly practiced being tough in front of a mirror, and, since he was using the alias "Clint Eastwood", he did his best Dirty Harry imitation, stating "go ahead, make my day".
Alias of Marty McFly
For a full biography, see the article on Marty McFly.
In 1931, Marty McFly was interviewed by Edna Strickland concerning the recent arson attack on the speakeasy. When asked for his name, Marty replied "Harry Callahan", taking advantage of the anachronism, as nobody from this time would recognize the name. Marty continued to use this name until trying to convince a young Emmett Brown that he should continue as a scientist, at which point he revealed his real name to Emmett.
- In Back to the Future: The Game, the player is allowed a choice of three names for Marty, so the inclusion of this name is determined by the player. The other two names are 'Sonny Crockett' and 'Michael Corleone'.
- Back to the Future: The Game (As a pseudonym only)