Glasses, also known as eyeglasses or spectacles, were lenses set in a frame worn on the face to correct defective eyesight.
Notable glasses wearers were:
- George McFly in 1985 before history was rewritten. In the improved present, he appeared to wear contact lenses. The black and white photograph on the back cover of George's novel A Match Made in Space depicted him wearing glasses — possibly the same pair he was asking Lorraine about when Marty arrived home from his trip to 1885: “I can't find my other glasses. Lorraine, have you seen my glasses?” His counterpart in 1986B also wore glasses.
- Linda McFly in 1985 before history was rewritten, whose glasses had thick lenses. Like George, in the improved present she appeared to wear contact lenses instead.
- The barbwire salesman in 1885, whose glasses were of the wire-rimmed kind.
- Benjamin Franklin, scientist of the 1700s who discovered electricity.
- Zane Williams, a member of Kid's gang in 1931.
- Erhardt Brown, father to Emmett Brown.
- First Citizen Brown, whose glasses were similar to that of the barbwire salesman.
- Mr. Arky, Marty McFly's social studies teacher at Hill Valley High School.
- Walter Wisdom, rival to Doc Brown.
- Julie, a girl whom Marty knew in 1991.
- Professor Frink, a colleague of Doc.
Note: The above listing refers only to standard glasses, therefore other types seen ― such as George's sunglasses in the improved 1985, Marty Jr. and Marlene's video glasses from 2015, and 3-D's 3-D glasses from 1955 and 1985A etc. — have not been included.
- Back to the Future
- Back to the Future novelization
- Back to the Future Part III
- Back to the Future: The Animated Series
- The Simpsons Ride (Non-canonical appearance)
- Back to the Future: The Game