- "Checking his image in a mirror, he [Doc] ruffled his wild white hair even more, perhaps perversely adding to his own reputation as a wild eccentric. He then walked to the front of the garage, opened the rear doors of the oversized step-van on the side of which was lettered DR. E. BROWN ENTERPRISES — 24 HR. SCIENTIFIC SERVICE, and peered inside. / It was, of course, still there. Even in the sparse light of the garage, the sleek stainless steel DeLorean with its gull wings shone back at him like a giant Christmas tree ornament. How appropriate, he thought, that the vehicle which would prop mankind into the past and future should be such an extraordinarily beautiful piece of machinery. There was no doubt in his mind as he closed the doors. / "It will work," he said softly. "And I'll be famous." "
- —From Back to the Future by George Gipe (quote, page 27)
The GMC Value Van was a multi-step truck that was manufactured by General Motors.
It bore on the sides the wording DR. E. BROWN ENTERPRISES — 24 HR. SCIENTIFIC SERVICES.
Behind the scenes
- In the novelization, the lettering on the truck reads DR. E. BROWN ENTERPRISES — 24 HR. SCIENTIFIC SERVICE (see Quote above); 'service' being in the singular, as opposed to the plural seen on-screen.
- Back to the Future
- Back to the Future: The Card Game (Background of Time Car v1)
- Back to the Future: The Game
- LEGO Dimensions (Non-canonical appearance)