- " After a half block of falling rapidly behind their prey, Biff's pals turned and shrugged, looking to Biff for a new tack. / "Get the car!" Biff ordered. / The four hotfooted it over to Biff's convertible, which was parked nearby. A few seconds later, they roared off after Marty, burning rubber on the town square and disappearing in a cloud of black smoke. "
- —From Back to the Future by George Gipe (quote, page 177)
- " 'Here she is, Biff,' Terry gestured proudly, 'all fixed up, like new. Except we couldn't get her started.' He glanced over at the eager Tannen. 'You got a kill-switch on this thing?' / Tannen grinned at that. / 'Nope, you just gotta have the right touch,' he bragged. 'Ain't nobody can start this car but me.' / He climbed in the car and turned the key. The car growled to life on the first try. "
- —From Back to the Future Part II by Craig Shaw Gardner (quote, page 144)
- Marty: "Let's land on him, we'll cripple his car."
- Doc: "Marty, he's in a '46 Ford. We're in a DeLorean. He'd rip through us like we were tin foil."
- — As the DeLorean hovers over the Ford
The Ford Super De Luxe was a model of vehicle manufactured by Ford during the 1940s.
Biff was the only person who knew the trick to starting the ignition, as he explained to Terry, who had been unable to start the car whilst working on it and wondered if it was fitted with a kill-switch: "You just gotta have the right touch. Nobody can start this car but me." Biff still remembered the technique in his old age — much to the amazement of his younger self, who demanded to know how this "old codger with a cane" knew how to do this.
After being provoked by Marty McFly in Lou's Cafe on November 8, 1955, Biff and his gang chased him in the Ford around Courthouse Square before slamming into a manure truck. By November 12, Biff had the car repaired. In order to repair the damage to his car, Biff was pressured by Terry to pay $300 for the job, but refused payment. As he argued with Terry, both Marty and Biff's older self jumped into the Ford, with Marty hiding in the back seat. Old Biff drove the Ford back to his house and parked it in his garage before displaying the Grays Sports Almanac.
Later that night, Marty snuck away in the back seat again as Biff drove to the Enchantment Under the Sea dance at Hill Valley High School. Biff parked the vehicle outside the door of the gymnasium and returned to it after discovering that Marty had been after the almanac. Biff drove the Ford towards River Road Tunnel on the way home before Marty swooped in using the hoverboard. Biff and Marty fought over the almanac outside and in the tunnel, with Biff sideswiping the wall of the tunnel with the right side of the Ford. When Biff reached the end of the tunnel, he turned completely around and faced Marty who was still halfway inside. Biff charged the car towards Marty in the hopes of running him over, but failed when Marty grabbed a string of pennants attached to the DeLorean time machine. As Biff watched the DeLorean hover away, he crashed the Ford into a manure truck again, filling his car with manure.