Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Marty heard a low, moaning sound — not an old-fashioned train whistle, but a modern diesel horn. / Maybe, he realized, the crossing gates wouldn't close for something as small as a DeLorean. He looked down the tracks as the car swung around a narrow curve. There, directly ahead of him, was a diesel engine headed his way. With the train wheels on the DeLorean locked onto the tracks, there was no way he could turn to avoid a head-on collision! / The DeLorean had almost slowed to a complete stop by now, but the diesel showed no sign of changing speed. Marty threw open the gullwing door. He jumped and rolled clear. / He stopped himself, and looked up to see the diesel engine smash into the DeLorean at sixty miles an hour or better. / The DeLorean was totaled. Bits and pieces of the time machine were sent flying everywhere. Marty ducked and covered his head with his arms to protect himself from the flying debris. / The diesel didn't even stop. It just kept on going as if the driver hadn't even noticed the DeLorean was there. / Marty uncovered his head and stood as the train sped away. / 'Oh, God, no!' Marty cried. 'No!' / There were twisted bits of the DeLorean everywhere. There was no way to get Doc now — not any more. Marty fell to his knees. After all that had happened, this was just too much to take. / 'Well, Doc,' he said, once he'd gotten control of himself. 'It's destroyed. Just like you wanted.' "
- —From Back to the Future Part III by Craig Shaw Gardner (quote, pages 202 and 203)
Moments after Marty McFly escaped from the vehicle, the locomotive smashed into the DeLorean, effectively destroying it. The locomotive continued past the railroad crossing and over "Eastwood Ravine".
- Back to the Future Part III
- Back to the Future: The Game
- Back to the Future: The Game - Episode 1: It's About Time (Mentioned as the train that destroyed the original Delorean.)