The County Asylum was a sanitarium in Hill County.
On October 26, 1985, in the timeline where the alternate Emmett Brown had been committed, Doc disguised himself and traveled to the asylum. Posing as his counterpart's distant cousin, Mr. Von Braun, he bribed the asylum nurse to allow him to talk with his alternate self. Upon seeing his counterpart, Doc believed that, at some point after being committed, he had been lobotomized.
Doc's assessment of the situation proved to be incorrect, however, as it turned out that Doc's counterpart had used a practice used by some Eastern religions which allowed him to shut off certain higher functions of his brain. He did this to protect the secret of his time travel chamber, which was in the possession of BiffCo.
- Back to the Future (Mentioned in November 6, 1955 newspaper)
- Back to the Future Part II (The May 2, 1983 newspaper mentioned Doc was committed)
- Back to the Future (IDW Publishing)
- Back to the Future: Untold Tales and Alternate Timelines
- Back to the Future: Biff to the Future
- Issue 6: "Biff to the Future Part 6" (Explained the lack of higher brain function in Doc's 1985A counterpart)