- " Marty suddenly became aware of his pants folded across the chair in the opposite corner [of the bedroom]. Reaching down beneath the covers, he realized he was clad only in his underwear. / "We took your pants and shirt off when we put you in bed," Lorraine explained. "I've never seen purple underwear before, much less purple underwear with a man's name written on it." / "Oh," Marty replied. "That isn't my name. Calvin Klein is the name of the underwear manufacturer." / "And your name's Marty?" she asked. / "Yes." / "Well, I'm pleased to meet you, Marty," she said, sitting on the bed. Her attitude seemed different now, much less motherly, more seductive. / "And what's your last name?" she smiled. "
- —From Back to the Future by George Gipe (quote, pages 101 and 102)
She assumed it to be Marty's name, but Marty explained that it was actually that of the manufacturer and person who founded the company who made the underwear.
- Back to the Future
- Back to the Future novelization
- Back to the Future Part II
- Back to the Future: The Game
- Back to the Future: The Game - Episode 4: Double Visions (Mentioned only)