- "Anon sir Knights, let us finish Them!!"
- —Lord Biffingham to his knights
Lord Biffingham of Tannenshire, 3rd Earl of Tannenshire was an English lord in late 14th century Medieval England. He kidnapped Jennivere McFly and Clara Clayton Brown, the wives of Harold McFly and Emmett Brown, respectively. He planned to marry Clara once she became a widow, and he planned for her to become a widow very shortly, by challenging Doc Brown to a jousting match. When Harold, Jules, and Verne tried out a plan to make Doc win, the plan backfired and they, together with Doc, were to be beheaded.
Fortunately, at the last minute they were rescued by Clara and Jennivere, who met each other in the tower and had made a hot air balloon. They rescued the menfolk and headed out to Stonehenge, where Harold and Jennivere decided to emigrate to Ireland in the balloon and to raise "generations of McFlys". The DeLorean time machine reappeared as Biffingham caught up with the Browns. The Browns went into the time machine and returned to Hill Valley.
- As presented to far, lord biffingham is the only Tannen shown in the series, (movie, game and animated series) to be presented over 1,000 years from the earliest recorded Tannen, Bifficus Antanneny.
- Biffingham's period in the 1360s is when the Medieval armies started to use and incorporate plate armour in their infantry. (Ex. Lord Biffingham's jousting armour)
- Though a hot air balloon was used against Lord Biffingham, hot air balloons were not invented until 1783.
- Lord Biffingham remains one of the only members of the Tannen family (save for Biff, Bufford, ect) to come close to actually killing the Brown family.