Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Doc supposed this [his late arrival at Biff's garage] had something to do with how long it took him to get here. Well, it had taken him a little while to buy the bike, after he had figured out that was the best thing to do with what 1955 money he had left. Why, he hadn't even taken the price tag off the bike, he had been in such a hurry. But then, of course, he needed to buy this hat he was wearing, for disguise purposes of course. Well, it wasn't much of a disguise, just a hat, but then, Doc hadn't had much time to buy it. / Even then, though, he would have gotten here earlier if he had been able to take a more direct route. He sighed. That was one of the problems with time traveling. A couple of the roads he had expected to take to get here hadn't been built yet. And then his muscles had started to complain. That was another problem with all this time travel — when you sat in a DeLorean all day long, you ended up neglecting much-needed exercise!"
- —From Back to the Future Part II by Craig Shaw Gardner (quote, page 159)
A bicycle (bike for short) is a motorless vehicle, that is powered by the human riding it.
Depending on the owner's requirements, a bike could be fitted with either a basket mounted on the front or a saddlebag attached to the saddle.
In 1931, Edna Strickland had a pink bicycle with a front basket that she used to make soup deliveries to the needy. Marty McFly used that bike with rockets connected to it to save Doc from the paddywagon. The bike was undamaged, but it remains unknown as to whether Edna reclaimed it.
On November 12, 1955, Doc used a bicycle to get around and rode it to Biff's garage to help get Marty out, only to find he was too late; Biff had already left for the Enchantment Under the Sea dance at Hill Valley High School.
Bikes could be purchased in 1955 at Hal's Bike Shop; Doc probably bought his bike (see Quote above) here.
- Back to the Future
- Back to the Future Part II
- Back to the Future: The Animated Series
- Back to the Future: The Game