Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "He [Marty] heard a noise from the cave behind him — a growling noise. / Marty looked over his shoulder at the cave mouth, and a rushing grizzly bear! / 'Yaaah!' Marty remarked. / The grizzly bear ran toward him. / Marty ran too. His boots fell from his grip, but there was no time to stop and retrieve them. Then his fancy, white, ten-gallon hat flew from his head. Too bad. Marty had a bear on his rear end — the kind of problem that only had one possible solution. / Marty ran like hell."
- —From Back to the Future Part III by Craig Shaw Gardner (quote, pages 43 and 44)
When Marty McFly arrived in the DeLorean time machine, the bear happened to be at home; it woke up and investigated the noise. Upon seeing Marty, it stood up and challenged him, before chasing Marty out of the cave. Marty threw his boots to the bear, which it began to sniff.
Afterward, Marty fell down the opposite hill and knocked himself out. When he came to at the McFly farm, he spoke of being chased by a bear.
- In Super Back to the Future Part II, the password to reach Round 4-2 is 'bear'.
- Back to the Future Part III
- Super Back to the Future Part II (Password)
- Back to the Future: The Animated Series