- "Size adjusting - Fit.........Drying mode on. Jacket drying. Your jacket is now dry."
- —Voice of jacket
An auto-adjusting and auto-drying jacket was worn by Marty McFly in 2015. The garment had a button on the bottom near the zipper area that auto-adjusted to the wearer and dried itself when wet. As it was performing these actions, it spoke to the wearer on each occasion to let them know what was happening.
Marty Jr. also had one of these jackets, but the auto-adjusting strap was snapped off on the left-hand sleeve.
According to the Newsline column on the front page of the October 22, 2015 issue of USA Today, a woman was asphyxiated in one of these jackets after overriding the garment's safety system. The manufacturer pointed out that "tightening a garment is no substitute for dieting".
- Auto-adjusting and auto-drying jackets like that seen in Back to the Future Part II are very likely, but have yet to be invented. However, some 'intelligent clothing' designs have been developed which can adjust themselves according to outside temperatures, include Wi-Fi technology and can even provide their own cleaning instructions to a washing machine.
- A Self-Drying Jacket, based on the jacket seen in Back to the Future Part II, was crowd funded in December 2015.
- Back to the Future Part II
- Back to the Future Part II novelization
- Super Back to the Future Part II
- Back to the Future: The Pinball
- Back to the Future: The Card Game