- Colt Gun Salesman: "Uh, just tell me one thing. Where'd you learn to shoot like that?"
- Marty: "7-Eleven."
- — At the Town Festival
In 1984, Marty McFly played Wild Gunman at 7-Eleven. He met Jennifer Parker there, and was going to ask her on a date, but was interrupted by Douglas J. Needles, who mocked Marty because he didn't have a car, which embarrassed him as he was afraid that Jennifer would reject him for someone who had their own vehicle. After deciding against stealing Emmett Brown's DeLorean DMC-12 to try to impress Jennifer, Marty took Doc's advice and asked Jennifer out. They then went on a date to a movie theater to see a Clint Eastwood movie.
In 2015, there was a 7-Eleven store in Hill Valley located where the Texaco service station used to be in 1985. A new automated gas and oil service station for flying cars had been built on top of the store.
Behind the scenes
- In the commentary for Part III, Bob Gale mentions that the 7-Eleven reference was changed to Disneyland for international releases of the film due to it not being as well-known in most other countries.
- Back to the Future Part II
- Back to the Future Part III (Mentioned only)
- Back to the Future: Untold Tales and Alternate Timelines