Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
On August 8, Emmett Brown arrives from 1985 and enters his DeLorean time machine in the Hill Valley 1980s Car Expo. He wins first prize, 10% off a hover conversion at Goldie Wilson Hover Conversion Systems. To get the money he needs for this and the Mr. Fusion, he searches the internet for the best investment to make, then travels back to April 18, 1938 to pick up several new copies of the first issue of Action Comics.
Doc then returns to an unknown time in 2015 or beyond to sell one issue. He then travels to some point in 2015 to use the discount he won to get a hover conversion by Goldie Wilson III, and has his DeLorean outfitted with a Mr. Fusion. Then, he travels to another point in 2015 or beyond, to sell another of his Action Comics at Southby's Auction House for $2.5 million dollars.
On October 21, Griff Tannen and his gang, along with Martin McFly Jr., rob the Hill Valley Payroll Substation with a stolen degaussing unit, but were caught by the police when Marty Jr. set off an alarm.
On October 22, USA Today reports that Marty Jr. was tried in a data-court and convicted of the crime. During the trial, Griff and his gang distanced themselves from the crime, so Marty Jr. was blamed and sentenced to fifteen years in the State Penitentiary.
In this timeline, Doc also travels to 2015 — or perhaps beyond — to undergo personal rejuvenation surgery and to learn as much as he can about Marty Jr.'s meeting with Griff on October 21. Doc also places Einstein in a suspended animation kennel. Eventually, Doc leaves for 1985 to pick up Marty and Jennifer.
Behind the scenes
- This timeline is first seen as a headline in the October 22 edition of USA Today. The paper is rewritten with the events of 2015B after Marty McFly takes his son's place and causes Griff Tannen and his gang to crash into the Courthouse Mall, making it so the robbery never took place.
- When Doc first gets the paper, as shown in Back to the Future: Untold Tales and Alternate Timelines - Issue 5: "Clara's Story", it is titled U.S. Now. This is because IDW Publishing did not have the rights to use the name USA Today. However, in the context of the story, as this takes place in the timeline before the events seen in Back to the Future Part II, it is possible that Doc heading to the past to make himself a millionaire caused a slight change in the timeline and the name of the paper changed.
- This timeline is first visited in the fourth issue of the Back to the future comic series by IDW Publishing, which was co-written by Bob Gale. It tells the story of how Doc Brown first visited 2015 after dropping Marty off at home in 1985.
- Back to the Future Part II (Marty Jr.'s arrest and conviction is reported in USA Today)
- Back to the Future: Untold Tales and Alternate Timelines