2014 is a year in the 21st century.
Behind the scenes
- In the Back to the Future Part II first draft screenplay, the Almanac originally covered sports statistics from 1965 to this year.
- Wednesday, April 2: Christopher Lloyd guest stars as a boss of Michael Henry's (played by Michael J. Fox) wife, Annie on The Michael J. Fox Show "Health", which premiered this day in Australia.
- Friday, May 30: Seth MacFarlane's film A Million Ways to Die in the West debuts in theaters. The film has Christopher Lloyd briefly reprising his role as Dr. Emmett Brown.
- Thursday, July 31 – Sunday, August 31: The Secret Cinema presents Back to the Future immersive film-experience takes place in Stratford near London, England.
- Tuesday, October 21: Hendo announces it has been working on a prototype hoverboard which can hover approximately one inch off the ground using magnetic fields and specially-lined copper floors.
- Saturday, November 22: The 1989 film Back to the Future Part II celebrates its 25th Anniversary.