- Clara: "Emmett, do you think we’ll ever be able to travel to the moon the way we travel across the country on trains?"
- Doc: "Definitely, although not for another 84 years, and not on trains. We’ll have space vehicles, capsules sent aloft on rockets, devices that create giant explosions, explosions so powerful that they…."
- Clara: "...that they break the pull of the Earth’s gravity and send the projectile through outer space. Emmett! I read that book too. You’re quoting Jules Verne, From the Earth to the Moon."
- — Doc and Clara find a common interest
1969 was a year in the 20th century.
- Sunday, July 20: Neil Armstrong walks on the Moon.
- Friday-Sunday, August 15-August 17: Woodstock was held at Yasgur's Farm.
- The band, ZZ Top was formed.
- Tuesday, July 22: James Arnold Taylor (1931 Emmett Brown in Back to the Future: The Game) is born in Santa Barbara, California, U.S.