Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
1967 was a year in the 20th century.
- Date Unknown: Comet Kahooey visited Earth. Dr. Emmett Brown built a flying craft to study the comet in greater detail, but Biff Tannen believed it to be an alien spacecraft.
- Date Unknown: Marty, Jules and Verne arrived in 1967 to stop Biff from making the military, police, and assorted agencies believe that Doc Brown was an alien by confronting him in beekeeper suits and the Delorean time machine. They made Biff promise that he wouldn't say anything about the "visit" from the aliens. While Biff did try to tell people, the timeline had changed so that nobody would believe him, possibly by Marty causing 1967's Doc's flying craft to crash and thus not remain in flight long enough for anyone else to see it.
- Friday, September 15: The Star Trek episode "Amok Time" premiered. The episode introduced the Planet Vulcan and the Vulcan Salute, both of which Marty implemented in his Darth Vader disguise.
- October 29: Jennifer Jane Parker was born to Danny Parker Jr. and his wife.
Behind the scenes
- In the first draft screenplay of Back to the Future Part II, Marty and Doc travel back to 1967 on September 20, instead of November 12, 1955. The intent of this would be to intercept the almanac when Biff's illicit career was taking off. Behind the scenes, the producers had said that they wanted to show audiences "the hippies and the lava lamps" of the 1960s whereas in the first film they showed audiences "the greasers and malt shops" of the 1950s Hill Valley. Also in the original script would be that in addition to intercepting the almanac, Marty has once again placed his existence in jeopardy by his antics leading to the arrest of George McFly, as Marty realizes he was due to be born after this date. As a result of the changes to George's role and the crew's consensus that a fifth set would prove too expensive, this plot was shelved.